- Tourism short term indicators in January 20/01/2022Turnover according to VAT reports in Icelandic tourism sectors was 91,6 billion ISK in September to October, an increase of 190% compared with the same period 2020.
- Experimental statistics: Around 200,000 overnight stays at hotels in December 10/01/2022The preliminary estimate of the number of overnight stays in hotels in December is 198,400, thereof 41,400 Icelandic and 156,900 foreign. Compared with 21,300 overnight stays in December 2020, there was around ninefold increase from last year.
- Almost sevenfold increase in overnight stays in November 22/12/2021There were 362,000 overnight stays in Iceland in November 2021 compared with 55,000 in November 2020. Domestic overnight stays were 26% thereof, or 93,000, compared with 38,000 in the previous year. Foreign overnight stays were 269,000 compared with 17,000 in November 2020.
- Tourism short-term indicators in December 16/12/2021Revenue from non-Icelandic tourists during the third quarter of 2021 was 107 billion ISK compared with the same period last year when it was 32.8 billion ISK. Revenue from key tourism sectors has decreased by 21% in the last 12 months when compared with the same period the year before, from 193.1 billion ISK to […]
- Experimental statistics: Over tenfold increase in overnight stays at hotels in November 08/12/2021The preliminary estimate of the number of overnight stays in hotels in November is 251,800, thereof 53,200 Icelandic and 198,600 foreign. Compared with 23,800 overnight stays in November 2020, there was around tenfold increase from last year.
- Total catch in 2021 was 1,158 thousand tonnes 14/01/2022The total fish catch of Icelandic vessels in 2021 was just over 1,158 thousand tonnes, which is 13% more than in 2020. Pelagic catch was 655 thousand tonnes, 24% more than in 2020 since no capelin was landed in that year.
- Value of catch in October 07/01/2022The value of catch of Icelandic fishing vessels in October 2021 was 13.7 billion ISK which is 8% more than in October 2020. The value of catch in the 12 month period from November 2020 to October 2021 was 153.9 billion ISK and increased by 4% from the previous 12 month period. Figures have been […]
- Profitability in fishing and fish processing 2020 15/12/2021The net profit of fishing and fish processing in total increased between 2019 and 2020 or from 19% to 20,1%, corrected for the effect of changes in the exchange rate according to the annuity approach and 6% rate of return.
- Fish catch in November was nearly 97 thousand tonnes 15/12/2021The total catch of Icelandic vessels was nearly 97 thousand tonnes in November 2021 which is 51% more than in November last year. The increase is mostly due to herring catch which tripled and was 46 thousand tonnes compared with 14 thousand tonnes in November 2020.
- Value of catch in first three quarters of 2021 was 118 billion ISK 29/11/2021In the first nine months of 2021, the catch of Icelandic vessels was 812 thousand tonnes, 2% more than during the same period in 2020. The value of first sale was 118 billion ISK in the first three quarters of 2021, which is 3% more than in 2020.
- Trade deficit of 18.4 billion ISK in December 07/01/2022The value of exported goods from Iceland amounted to 76.6 billion ISK fob in December 2021 and the value of imported goods 95.1 billion ISK cif (87.6 billion ISK fob). Thus, there was a trade deficit, calculated on fob/cif value, of 18.4 billion ISK as compared with a trade deficit of 5.7 billion ISK in […]
- Trade deficit of 28.6 billion ISK in November 07/12/2021The value of exported goods from Iceland amounted to 72.2 billion ISK fob in November 2021 and the value of imported goods 100.8 billion ISK cif (93.5 billion ISK fob). Thus, there was a trade deficit, calculated on fob/cif value, of 28.6 billion ISK as compared with a trade deficit of 15.8 billion ISK in […]
- Trade deficit of 12.8 billion ISK in October 30/11/2021The value of exported goods from Iceland amounted to 72,9 billion ISK fob in October 2021 and the value of imported goods 85.7 billion ISK cif (80 billion ISK fob). Thus, there was a trade deficit, calculated on fob/cif value, of 12.8 billion ISK as compared with a trade deficit of 9.5 billion ISK in […]
- Surplus in balance of trade in services 60.3 billion for the third quarter 25/11/2021The exported value of services was estimated 164.1 billion ISK in the third quarter of 2021 while the imported value of services was estimated 103.8 billion ISK. Therefore, the surplus in the balance of trade in services was estimated 60.3 billion ISK compared with a surplus of 19.9 billion ISK for the same period the […]
- Surplus in balance of trade in services 22.5 billion ISK in August 15/11/2021The total value of exports of services in August 2021 was estimated 57.4 billion ISK and increased by 78% from August 2020, at current rates of exchange. For the period September 2020 to August 2021, the total value of exports of services was estimated 408.3 billion ISK and decreased by 16% compared with the 12 […]