- Tourism short-term indicators in November 2020 17/11/2020Estimated overnight stays in hotels were 37,000 in October, which is a 91% decrease compared with October last year. Thereof 26,000 overnight stays were paid by Icelanders (-35%) and 11,000 by foreigners (-97%).
- Experimental statistics: 91% reduction in overnight stays in hotels in October 10/11/2020Based on first reports on overnight stays at hotels in October, the initial estimate of overnight stays in hotels is 37,000, thereof 26,000 Icelandic and 11,000 foreign overnight stays. Compared with 418,600 overnight stays in October 2019, there is an estimated 91% reduction from last year.
- 88% decrease in overnight stays in September 30/10/2020The number of overnight stays in September decreased by 88% compared with the same month last year. There was an 85% decrease in hotels, 86% decrease in guesthouses, and 84% decrease in other types of accommodation.
- Tourism short-term indicators in October 2020 20/10/2020When looking at Icelanders and overnight stays in hotels there was a 145% increase compared with August last year. This year there were 94 thousand registered overnight stays in hotels for Icelanders while there were 38 thousand in August last year.
- Experimental statistics: 82% reduction in overnight stays in hotels in September 09/10/2020Based on first reports on overnight stays at hotels in September, the initial estimate of overnight stays in hotels is 80,000, thereof 62,000 Icelandic overnight stays and 18,000 foreign overnight stays. Compared with 434,200 overnight stays in September 2019, there is an estimated 82% reduction in overnight stays from last year.
- Total catch in October was nearly 87 thousand tonnes 16/11/2020Catch of Icelandic vessels in October 2020 was 86,774 tonnes. The total catch of demersal species was nearly 40 thousand tonnes, 3% more than in October last year.
- Value of catch in August 29/10/2020The value of first sale of catch in August was 17 billion ISK. Value of catch increased by 15% compared with August 2019. The 12 month value of catch from September 2019 to August 2020 was 145 billion ISK, a 2.1% increase from the same period the year before. Figures have been updated.
- Total catch in September was 119 thousand tonnes 15/10/2020Catch of Icelandic vessels in September 2020 was about 119 thousand tonnes. The total catch of demersal species was 36 thousand tonnes, 1% less than in September last year.
- 77% increase in aquaculture between 2018-2019 13/10/2020Aquaculture in Iceland increased by 77% between the years 2018 and 2019, salmon farming doubled and trout farming increased by a third. The export value of aquaculture production increased by 11 billion ISK between years. Figures have been updated.
- Value of catch in July 28/09/2020The value of catch in July was 13 billion ISK, but was 14 billion ISK in July 2019. Figures have been updated.
- News release on trade in goods for January-October 2020 published earlier 24/11/2020The publication of news release on trade in goods for January-October 2020, which was to be published on Monday 30 November, will be published on Thursday 26 November.
- Deficit in balance of trade in goods and services 2.3 billion ISK in the first eight months of 2020 11/11/2020The value of exported goods in BOP was estimated 44.7 billion ISK in August 2020 and value of imported goods was estimated 55.5 billion ISK. Therefore, a deficit in balance of trade in goods in BOP was estimated 10.8 billion ISK.
- Price and volume indices for imports and exports 06/11/2020The import price index for the third quarter 2020 is 270.8 points, 6.4% higher than in the previous quarter. The export price index for the third quarter 2020 is 228.1 points, 1.6% lower than in the previous quarter. Figures have been updated.
- Balance of trade in goods in deficit of 0.4 billion ISK in October 2020 05/11/2020The value of exported goods amounted to 61.5 billion ISK fob according to preliminary figures for October 2020 while the value of imported goods amounted to 61.9 billion ISK fob.
- Deficit in balance of trade in goods 6.5 billion ISK in September 2020 30/10/2020The value of exported goods from Iceland amounted to 61.3 billion ISK fob in September 2020 and the value of imported goods amounted to 67.8 billion ISK fob (72.5 billion ISK cif). Thus, there was a trade deficit, calculated on fob value, of 6.5 billion ISK.