Good to know

A student permit is required for those who study in Iceland more than three months. Most students don’t need require a permit if they’re studying in Iceland for less than three months. If you come from a country outside the EU/EEA you have to apply for a residence permit for studies – before you enter Iceland. Students from the EU or EEA do not need a residence permit but have to register.

Foreign Missions to Iceland

For foreign missions to Iceland please visit the Ministry for Foreign Affairs

Further information

Please visit the website of the Directorate of Immigration in Iceland for detailed information on the application process, documentation needed, and next steps to take in order to become an enrolled student in one of capital area fine universities.